The Interim Church Services team is hosting various training sessions for interim pastors. Introduction to Interim Ministry is a stand-alone training to equip interim pastors for traditional interim settings. It also serves as a required prerequisite for the specialist Intentional Interim Ministry training.
2020 Training Sessions
Introduction to Interim Ministry
- January 28-30 (Tuesday–Thursday), Trinity River Baptist Association, Liberty, TX
- February 24-26 (Monday–Wednesday), Baptist General Convention offices, Dallas, TX
- March 9–May 8, (Online, 2-3 hours of work each week for 8 weeks), B. H. Carroll Theological Institute. Expense fees go towards technology fees instead of meals and books.
- March 24–26 (Tuesday-Thursday) Primera Iglesia Bautista, San Angelo [Training host is Robert Cuellar, Area Rep for the BGCT. Training is in English.]
- April 20-22 (Monday–Wednesday), Baptist General Association of Virginia, Richmond, VA. In partnership with the Chaplaincy Relations Offices of the BGAV and the BGCT. Non-chaplains welcome; endorsed chaplains should call about special financial arrangement.
- September 14-16 (Monday–Wednesday), San Antonio, TX. In partnership with the Chaplaincy Relations Office of the BGCT. Non-chaplains welcome; chaplains should call about special financial arrangement.
Training for all regular classroom days begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm. Chaplains’ events have altered schedules.
Cost: $395* (includes $305 for tuition and $90 for two books and three lunches, or for the online course includes tuition and technology fees)
*Price shown reflects a discount for members of BGCT-supporting churches (churches who give to the BGCT budget through their Cooperative Program gifts and have given within the last calendar year). Regular tuition for all others is $470 ($380 for tuition plus $90 for books and lunches).
CLICK HERE to register today for the Introduction to Interim Ministry training using our secure online form.
If you would prefer to register and pay by check or credit card, please call Julie Galindo at 214.828.5111
Intentional Interim Ministry Training
- June 1-5 (Monday–Friday), First Presbyterian Church, Fort Worth, TX
- 2020 New England-TBD
Cost: $790* (includes $450 tuition, $225 field education, $35 books, and $80 meals)
*Price shown reflects a discount for members of BGCT-supporting churches (churches who give to the BGCT budget through their Cooperative Program gifts and have given within the last calendar year). Regular tuition for all others is $925, which includes tuition, field education, books, and meals.
CLICK HERE to register today for the Intentional Interim Ministry training using our secure online form.
If you prefer to mail in your application, download the form here, and please call Julie Galindo at 214.828.5111 to arrange payment.
The Introduction to Interim Ministry training is open to all interested persons.
The Intentional Interim Ministry training will require an application and is open only to seasoned ministers who have completed the Introduction to Interim Ministry course, plus passed our background check.
Please contact us about your interest or with your questions. If you know of interested persons, please share this information with them, or let us know the email address and we’ll initiate the contact.