The Interim Church Services team is hosting various training sessions for interim pastors. Introduction to Interim Ministry is a stand-alone training to equip interim pastors for traditional interim settings. It also serves as a required prerequisite for the specialist Intentional Interim Ministry training.
2019 Training Sessions
Introduction to Interim Ministry
- March 26-28 (Tuesday–Thursday) at First Presbyterian Church, Fort Worth, Texas.
- April 10-12 (Wednesday–Friday) Baptist General Association of Virginia, Richmond, VA. Special registration: Click here (and call for explanation).
- May 14-16 (Tuesday–Thursday) Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, Texas.
- August 8–October 2 (8 online sessions, about 2 hours of videos, online responses, done each week when you choose to do them). B. H. Carroll Theological Seminary. Please register below. Login information and instructions will be provided.
- September 18-20 (Wednesday–Friday) Wyndham Dallas Suites – Park Central, Dallas, Texas. In partnership with the Chaplaincy Relations Office of the BGCT. Non-chaplains welcome; chaplains should call about special financial arrangement.
Training for all regular classroom days begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm.
Cost: $395* (includes $305 for tuition and $90 for two books and three lunches, or for the online course includes tuition and technology fees)
*Price shown reflects a discount for members of BGCT-supporting churches. Regular tuition for non-BGCT church members is $470 ($380 for tuition plus $90 for books and lunches).
CLICK HERE to register today for the Introduction to Interim Ministry training using our secure online form.
If you would prefer to register and pay by check or credit card, please call Julie Galindo at 214.828.5111
Intentional Interim Ministry Training
- June 24–28 (Monday through Friday morning) at Wayland Baptist University, San Antonio, Texas.
Cost: $790* (includes $450 tuition, $225 field education, $35 books, and $80 meals)
*Price shown reflects a discount for members of BGCT-supporting churches. Regular cost is $925, which includes tuition, field education, books, and meals.
CLICK HERE to register today for the Intentional Interim Ministry training using our secure online form.
If you prefer to mail in your application, download the form here, and please call Julie Galindo at 214.828.5111 to arrange payment.
The Introduction to Interim Ministry training is open to all interested persons.
The Intentional Interim Ministry training will require an application and is open only to seasoned ministers who have completed the Introduction to Interim Ministry course, plus passed our background check.
Please contact us about your interest or with your questions. If you know of interested persons, please share this information with them, or let us know the email address and we’ll initiate the contact.